- Non-EU jurisdiction but status of location confusing.
- No tax on any profits earned.
Port of Registry
- Non-EU status but location confusing.
- No chain of title required for registration – only a Bill of Sale with Deletion Certificate.
- Yachts must be under 20 years of age on initial registration.
- Renewable 3 month Provisional Registration available. Certificate of Registry renewable annually.
- Gibraltar representative required for yacht owned by non Gibraltar company or over 24m. No annual taxes.
- British companies or persons are qualified for registered ownership.
- Private Pleasure yachts or charter yachts under 24m are accepted on Private Register. Separate Commercial Register available over 24m.
- Radio licences only issued on completion of registration.