- Non-EU jurisdictions for both VAT and crew employment.
- No tax on any profits earned.
Ports of Registry
- No chain of title required for Guernsey registration – only a Bill of Sale with Deletion Certificate – British entities only qualify as registered owner.
- No annual tonnage tax. 10 year Certificate of Registry renewal.
- Jersey requirements same as UK for 5 year chain of title – Renewable 3 month Provisional Certificate of Registry available – EU/Commonwealth companies or persons are qualified for registered ownership.
- Guernsey Representative required for yacht over 24m. Jersey Representative if owned by company of different jurisdiction.
- Names approved by Registrars direct.
- Guernsey can accept yachts up to 150GRT and charter yachts up to 24m.
- Registrar only approves markings.
- Jersey can accept Private Pleasure yachts up to 399GRT and charter yachts up to 24m/150GRT under Small Yacht Code (may apply on tonnage not length depending on the yacht) .
- Easy name reservation procedure.
- Simplified form of measurement for yachts under 24m.