- Non-EU jurisdiction for VAT and crew employment
- No tax on any profits earned.
Port of Registry
- Non-EU status.
- Ports of registry are Road Harbour, White Bay and Gorda Sound.
- Chain of title required for yacht not previously registered elsewhere – otherwise only a Bill of Sale with Deletion Certificate
- BVI Representative required for yacht owned by non BVI company.
- No annual taxes but annual fee for maintenance of Register.
- Application and 6 months fee required for name reservation.
- EU companies or persons are qualified for registered ownership.
- Tonnage limited to 3000GRT.
- MCA Compliance surveys conducted by yacht’s Classification Society in conjunction with Flag.
- Radio and Operator’s licences only issued on completion of registration.
- Vessel’s safety equipment confirmation required.