- A non EU jurisdiction for VAT following Brexit
- No tax on any profits earned.
Ports of Registry
- 4 ports of registry- Douglas, Peel, Ramsey and Castletown.
- Unlimited tonnage but yachts up to 20 years of age accepted.
- No chain of title required for registration – only a notarised title document with Deletion Certificate (alternative to a UK port). Easy name reservation procedure.
- Registration may proceed prior to release of Builder’s Certificate on delivery.
- Comprehensive list of countries for companies or persons qualified for registered ownership.
- IOM representative required for all yachts over 24m.
- No annual Tonnage Tax but additional Light Dues payable if yacht in IOM waters.
- No manning requirements for private pleasure yachts up to 80 GRT. Vessels of 80 GRT and over require certified deck officers and where the engine power is 750 KW or above, certified engineer officers.
- Only accept charter yachts over 24 m and in Class.
- MCA compliance surveys conducted by IOM.